The College of Chiropodists of Ontario is committed to zero-tolerance of sexual abuse of patients by registrants of the College. We recognize the importance of having a robust sexual abuse prevention plan for our registrants and responsive strategies regarding the sexual abuse of patients. The College’s Sexual Abuse Prevention Plan outlines the strategies we have in place to protect the public. The Plan covers important topics like:
- What is sexual abuse?
- What are the College’s regulatory obligations with respect to sexual abuse?
- What are the relevant College regulations, guidelines, standards and policies?
- How is the College educating the profession?
- How is the College educating the public?
Review the complete Patient Relations Plan – Sexual Abuse Prevention
- To Zero: Independent Report of the Minister’s Task Force on the Prevention of Sexual Abuse of Patients and the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991
- File a Complaint with the College
- Funding for Therapy and Counselling
- Mandatory Reporting of Sexual Abuse
- Professional Boundaries and Sexual Abuse Resources
- Patient Relations standard